INTERMEDIATE STRUCTURAL ENGINEER Current Career Opportunity
- Position: INTERMEDIATE STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
- ID No: 1-1419
- Location: Lethbridge
MPE, a division of Englobe is currently seeking an Intermediate Structural engineer to join our team in Lethbridge, AB. The successful candidate will play a key role in the design and project management of Building Services projects within MPE’s Structural team. The successful candidate will require an independent work ethic, the ability to effectively communicate directly with clients and site personnel while maintaining a focus on effective time management.
- Work in conjunction with an engineering technologist utilizing Revit and CAD to develop and to produce and review structural drawings/contract documents, including specifications.
- Participate in client meetings in an active and collaborative manner, both to resolve any outstanding design consideration or issues and to liaise with the design team to ensure incorporation.
- Strong understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Review structural drawings, the drawings of other disciplines and shop drawings as part of internal QA/QC and drawing/construction coordination and administration.
- Provide site reviews for both existing structures and projects under construction. Including inspection of reinforcing steel, structural steel or other structural elements.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects and deliverables on an ongoing basis.
- Production of structural reports, letters or other written documents as necessary, with an emphasis on clear, concise technical language.
- Mentoring and review of the work of engineers-in-training and the ability to delegate work as necessary.
- 4-8 years of industry-specific experience (Structural Engineering).
- Certification or in progress of obtaining certification as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng. seal from APEGA).
- Requisite knowledge, interpretation, and application of structural design codes, standards, and applicable building codes.
- Proficient knowledge of structural systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to lead one or more teams through all phases of project document production.
- Proficiency in structural analysis software.
- Proficiency with drafting software and the ability to model and navigate in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Experience with applicable codes, including the NBC-AE, CSA S16, CSA A23, CSA O86 and CSA A371.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested individuals should submit their resume, complete with references to:
Calvin van Mulligen, M.Sc., P.Eng.
We thank all applicants in advance for submitting a resume, but only potential interview candidates will be contacted.