STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGIST Current Career Opportunity
- Position: STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGIST
- ID No: 1-1418
- Location: Lethbridge
MPE, a division of Englobe is currently seeking a junior or intermediate Structural Technologist with one to five(+) years of experience to join our team in Lethbridge, AB. The successful candidate will play a key role in the design and drafting of Building Services related projects within MPE’s Structural team. The successful candidate will require a collaborative work ethic with the ability to effectively communicate with team members and other consultants to coordinate and deliver exceptional work products with a focus on personal time management to maintain enforced budget constraints.
- Work in conjunction with the engineering team utilizing drafting software such as Revit and AutoCAD to produce structural drawings/contract documents with the ability to self-check for accuracy and completeness.
- Strong team work ethic and ability to develop drawings and documents based on both verbal and written instruction.
- Fundamental understanding of common construction practices and the ability to identify the informational requirements to produce a complete and effective drawing/construction document package.
- Ability to prioritize and independently manage multiple projects at one time, ensuring work is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Understanding of the correlation between drawings and specifications with the ability to produce and/or review both types of documents.
- Knowledge of industry accepted drafting standards and reporting.
- Mentoring and review of other drafting personnels work (experience based)
- A diploma or degree in relevant discipline;
- Eligibility for professional membership with APEGA or ASET is required;
- Experience with the following:
- AutoCAD and Revit
- 3D Scanning and ability to interpret 3D models
- Field/Site Inspections
- Technical Report Writing would be an asset
- Structural design knowledge would be an asset
- Construction knowledge of commercial buildings would be an asset
The successful candidate must be self-motivated with excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-discipline team during the execution of detailed design, construction while providing technical input where necessary to meet project requirements. Other responsibilities that will be dependent on experience may include undertaking site visits to validate adherence to the specifications and design.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested individuals should submit their resume, complete with references to:
Calvin van Mulligen, M.Sc., P.Eng.
We thank all applicants in advance for submitting a resume, but only potential interview candidates will be contacted.