JUNIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER Current Career Opportunity
- Position: JUNIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
- ID No: 7-1410
- Location: Saskatoon
This position requires an Electrical Engineer (or Professional Technologist of Engineering) with an interest in Industrial / Municipal / Commercial electrical & controls design to work in our Saskatoon office. Additional experience/interest in PLC programming, SCADA technologies, computer IT, and commissioning would be an asset.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University or a diploma in a relevant discipline.
- Eligible for membership with APEGS or TPSK.
- Good verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Show an aptitude of general construction methods.
- Valid driver’s license (job duties may include some travel).
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Leadership ability.
- Preparing cost estimates, technical reports, meeting minutes, design drawings, specifications, and contract documents under guidance of senior engineering staff.
- Electrical System Design including but not limited to:
- Power distribution and emergency backup (up to 750V)
- Fire Alarm
- Security, door access and controls
- Communications and networking
- Automation and Control
- Providing technical assistance on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Application of applicable codes including the Canadian Electrical Code.
- Construction inspections to ensure design compliance.
- Liaising with clients, consultants, regulatory agencies and utility companies and contractors.
- Maintaining knowledge and understanding of safety policies and procedures.
- AutoCAD and Revit experience would be an asset.
- Maintaining client relationships.
Individuals interested in being considered for this position should submit their cover letter and resume to:
We thank all people in advance for submitting résumés; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.