INTERMEDIATE GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER Current Career Opportunity
- Position: INTERMEDIATE GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER
- ID No: 2-1373
- Location: Calgary
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior team members.
- Plan and execute geotechnical site investigations.
- Perform geotechnical calculations and analysis for a wide range of projects.
- Perform geotechnical design for earthen dams.
- Perform geotechnical analysis and design for geohazards.
- Install and/or analyze geotechnical instrumentation and their data.
- Perform construction inspections as related to foundations, earthworks, etc.
- Prepare written reports.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Civil/Geotechnical, or Geological Engineering.
- Graduate degree may be considered an asset but is not required.
- The ideal candidate would have 7 to 10 years of relevant experience.
- A self-motivated individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have an aptitude for problem solving.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience in carrying out geotechnical site investigations and analysis is an asset.
- Prior experience with geohazards and/or dams is an asset.
- Eligible for membership with APEGA.
- Ability to travel and work remotely in all weather conditions, as needed.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Able to work long hours when required, and to travel within Alberta.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested individuals should submit their resume, complete with references to:
Mr. Trevor Curtis, P.Eng.
We thank all applicants in advance for submitting a resume, but only potential interview candidates will be contacted.