INTERMEDIATE MUNICIPAL ENGINEER Current Career Opportunity
- Position: INTERMEDIATE MUNICIPAL ENGINEER
- ID No: 3-1372
- Location: Medicine Hat
MPE’s Medicine Hat region covers a broad range of municipal engineering services. Our scope of services generally includes:
- Water treatment and distribution
- Wastewater treatment and collection
- Stormwater management
- Infrastructure rehabilitation
- Involvement in all project phases including conceptualization, detailed design, tendering, construction contract administration, and resident engineering.
This is an intermediate position involving working in a team environment on all aspects of projects from preliminary engineering to construction completion. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Detailed design
- Cost estimating
- Client communications
- Work with other design staff
- Contract administration during construction
- Oversee field staff during construction
- Field work as required
- Prepare technical reports and proposals
- Other duties as required
Our Medicine Hat office is the ideal size to allow the successful candidate to play a key role on projects, interfacing directly with clients and contractors.
- Professional Engineer designation in Alberta (APEGA) or Technologist designation through ASET
- 5 years of relevant experience in the field of Civil Engineering
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Proficiency with Civil 3D software
- Experience with water, sewer, and stormwater modeling software would be considered an asset
Please submit resumes to:
Kyrk Stenberg, P.Eng.
Medicine Hat Region Manager
We thank all people in advance for submitting resumes; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.