GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER Current Career Opportunity
- Position: GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER
- ID No: 7-1354
- Location: Saskatoon
MPE, an Englobe company, is looking for a Geotechnical Engineer with 2 to 5 years of experience in our Saskatoon office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Plan and execute geotechnical site investigations.
- Perform geotechnical calculations and analysis for a wide range of projects.
- Perform geotechnical design for earthen dams.
- Perform geotechnical analysis and design for geohazards.
- Install and/or analyze geotechnical instrumentation and their data.
- Perform construction inspections as related to foundations, earthworks, etc.
- Prepare written reports.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Civil/Geotechnical, or Geological Engineering.
- Graduate degree may be considered an asset but is not required.
- The ideal candidate would have between 2 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- A self-motivated individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have an aptitude for problem solving.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience in carrying out geotechnical site investigations and analysis is an asset.
- Prior experience with geohazards and/or dams is an asset.
- Eligible for membership with APEGS.
- Ability to travel and work remotely in all weather conditions, as needed.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Able to work long hours when required, and to travel within Saskatchewan and Alberta.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested individuals should submit their resume, complete with references to:
Mr. Trevor Curtis, P.Eng.
We thank all applicants in advance for submitting a resume, but only potential interview candidates will be contacted.