INTERMEDIATE STRUCTURAL ENGINEER Current Career Opportunity
- Position: INTERMEDIATE STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
- ID No: 1-1339
- Location: Lethbridge
The successful candidate will play a key role in the design and project management within MPE’s Building Services – Structural team and will require an independent work ethic, the ability to communicate directly with clients and site personnel and a focus on effective time management.
- Work in conjunction with an engineering technologist in BIM and CAD to develop and review structural drawings/contract documents, including specifications.
- Participate in client meetings in an active and collaborative manner, both to resolve any outstanding structural issues and to liaise with the design team.
- Strong understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Review structural drawings, the drawings of other disciplines and shop drawings as part of QA/QC and drawing/construction coordination.
- Provide site reviews of both existing structures and projects under construction. Including inspection of reinforcing steel, structural steel or other structural elements.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects and deliverables on an ongoing basis.
- Production of structural reports, letters or other written documents as necessary, with an emphasis on clear, concise language.
- Mentoring and review of the work of engineers-in-training and the ability to delegate work as necessary.
- 4-8 years of industry-specific experience (Structural Engineering).
- Certification as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng. seal from APEGA).
- Requisite knowledge, interpretation, and application of structural design codes, standards, and applicable building codes.
- Strong knowledge of structural systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to lead one or more teams through all phases of project document production.
- Proficiency in structural analysis software.
- Proficiency with drafting software and the ability to model and navigate in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Experience with applicable codes, including the NBC-AE, CSA S16, CSA A23, CSA O86 and CSA A371.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested individuals should submit their resume, complete with references to:
Calvin van Mulligen, M.Sc., P.Eng.,
Structural Engineering Manager