CIVIL / GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER / TECHNOLOGIST Current Career Opportunity
- Position: CIVIL / GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER / TECHNOLOGIST
- ID No: 1-1334
- Location: Lethbridge
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or undergraduate degree in Civil, Geotechnical, or Geological Engineering.
- Graduate degree might be considered an asset, but is not required.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience in carrying out geotechnical site investigations and analysis is an asset. The ideal candidate would have 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel and work remotely in all weather conditions, as needed.
- Eligible for membership with ASET or APEGA.
The person must be a self-motivated individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills and an aptitude for problem solving. The successful candidate will be able to work long hours when required, and to travel within Alberta.
Responsibilities will include:
- Plan and execute geotechnical site investigations.
- Perform soil and rock classifications, sampling, testing, and reporting.
- Install geotechnical instrumentation.
- Perform construction inspections as related to foundations, earthworks, etc.
- Perform geotechnical analysis and design.
- Prepare written reports.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested individuals should submit their resume, complete with references to:
Mr. Trevor Curtis, P.Eng.
We thank all applicants in advance for submitting a resume, but only potential interview candidates will be contacted.