GIS ANALYST Current Career Opportunity
- Position: GIS ANALYST
- ID No: 2-1314
- Location: Calgary
The individual will be required to manage, maintain and process geospatial and survey data within an enterprising engineering environment. The duties include the following:
- Perform spatial analysis, evaluate spatial trends, and assess statistical information for decision making;
- Answer internal geospatial data requests based on business needs;
- Maintain and manage geodatabases, spatial and tabular data, engineering and municipal infrastructure assets, perform SQL queries;
- Prepare plans, graphs, maps and figures as part of reports;
- Working with remotely sensed data (aerial photography, satellite imagery, LiDAR) and producing deliverables for drafting and water resources teams;
- Development of scripts (Python) and models to provide efficiencies with the data management;
- Geomatics/GNSS surveying background preferred and would be considered an asset;
- Understanding of civil engineering design drafting (Autodesk Civil3D) is an asset;
- Experience with UAV operations for data collection and post-processing is an asset;
- Other duties as required.
Required qualifications include:
- Degree or advanced diploma in GIS/Geomatics/Information Systems
- Knowledge of ESRI suite of applications such as ArcGIS Desktop and/or ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online
The individual must be self-motivated with good communication skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplined team. This position will require excellent organization skills and the ability to manage and prioritize several simultaneous assignments while ensuring on-time delivery. Successful candidates must have appropriate diploma and related experience, and be registered or be eligible for registration with ASET.
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to:
Sarah Fratpietro, P.Eng., LEED AP
Infrastructure Manager, Calgary Region
We thank all applicants in advance for submitting a cover letter and resume, but only potential interview candidates will be contacted.