Municipal Engineer Current Career Opportunity
- Position: Municipal Engineer
- ID No: 2-1281
- Location: Calgary
The successful candidate should have the following experience and qualifications:
- Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University.
- Registration with APEGA as a P.Eng.
- Minimum 5 years of municipal civil engineering experience
- Land and site development experience
- Municipal planning
- Infrastructure and asset management
- Strong presentation, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Show an aptitude of general construction methods
- Self-motivated with leadership ability
- Experience in linear pipe design and construction including water distribution, wastewater collection, stormwater management and drainage systems, and transportation. Design and construction of large diameter water distribution (>600mm dia.) and storm sewer (> 1200mm dia.) would be considered an asset.
- Understanding of City of Calgary design standards, technical specifications and construction standards is considered an asset.
- Volunteer activities with non-profit, industry and technical organizations will be considered a strong asset.
- Prepare and review reports, proposals, expressions of interest, design drawings, specifications, contract documents, cost estimates, proposals and expression of interest.
- Oversee a multi-discipline design and construction team on projects up to $10M in value.
- Provide leadership, team building and mentoring of junior staff members.
- Develop business with existing and potential clients.
- Ensure applicable standards, quality assurance and quality control procedures are followed during the design process.
- Prepare and oversee cost management of engineering and construction budgets.
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to:
Colin McNab, P.Eng., Calgary Region Manager
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.