Project Engineer Current Career Opportunity
- Position: Project Engineer
- ID No: 3-1278
- Location: Medicine Hat
MPE’s Medicine Hat region covers a broad range of municipal engineering services. Our scope of services generally includes:
- Water treatment and distribution.
- Wastewater treatment and collection.
- Stormwater management.
- Infrastructure rehabilitation.
- Involvement in all project phases including conceptualization, detailed design, tendering, construction contract administration, and resident engineering.
This is an intermediate position involving working in a team environment on all aspects of projects from preliminary engineering to construction completion. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Detailed design.
- Cost estimating.
- Client communications.
- Work with other design staff.
- Contract administration during construction.
- Oversee field staff during construction.
- Field work as required.
- Prepare technical reports and proposals.
- Other duties as required.
Our Medicine Hat office is the ideal size to allow the successful candidate to play a key role on projects, interfacing directly with clients and contractors.
- Professional Engineer designation in Alberta (APEGA) or Technologist designation through ASET.
- 5 years of relevant experience in the field of Civil Engineering.
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with Civil 3D software.
- Experience with water, sewer, and stormwater modeling software would be considered an asset.