MATERIALS TESTING TECHNOLOGIST / TECHNICIAN Current Career Opportunity
- Position: MATERIALS TESTING TECHNOLOGIST / TECHNICIAN
- ID No: 2-1268
- Location: Calgary
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
• Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Previous experience testing concrete, aggregates, soils and asphalt is an asset
• Hold a valid driver’s license
• Ability to travel and work remotely as needed
• Eligible for membership with ASET
The person must be a self-motivated individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills and an aptitude for problem solving. The successful candidate will be able to work long hours when required, and to travel generally within a 2-hour radius of Calgary.
Responsibilities will include:
• Construction monitoring and testing of various civil infrastructure projects in and around Calgary
• Perform materials testing in the field and lab, including soil, concrete, and asphalt
• Assist in maintenance of laboratory equipment, calibrations, and certifications
• Prepare written inspection/test reports
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested individuals should submit their resume, complete with references to:
Mr. Trevor Curtis, P.Eng.
We thank all applicants in advance for submitting a resume, but only potential interview candidates will be contacted.